I love making bliss balls. Quick, simple easy recipes to throw together a treat for kids, visitors and for my nightly treat when the kids are in bed. I also love to add Doterra essential oils to the mix when I want to boost that flavour!
When I don’t have time to roll the mixture into balls, I often just press the mixture into a tray and slice when ready to eat.
This is a simple recipe that is pretty versatile and forgiving. I often make the recipe with whatever nuts I have available, and for lunchboxes, just substitute in a variety of seeds instead.
- 130g nuts (I like to choose from pecan, walnuts, cashews or macadamia)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 75g medjool dates (pitted)
- 80g carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or 1 drop Doterra Cinnamon essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger or 1 drop Doterra Ginger essential oil
- Add all ingredients into a food processor (I use a Thermomix) and process on high speed
- Roll tablespoon amounts into balls and roll in extra desiccated coconut if desired) or press into a slice tray
- Refrigerate for approximately half an hour