Cooking with DōTERRA essential oils
These are hands down the quickest and easiest Bliss Balls that everyone loves!
I made these once for a workshop I was running and they ALL went within 5 minutes! A massive crowd pleaser to say the least! I now make them for each and every workshop I run as they are often requested, time and time again.
These delicious bliss balls are:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No added sugar
Did you know that many of DōTERRA’s are food grade?
Yes that’s right – there are over 30 oils that you can cook with, they include: Herbs, Citrus & Spices. Please remember to check the label on your bottle for directions before adding any oil to your food for a flavour boost. I always wanted a natural alternative to flavours & essences so I wasn’t adding unnecessary additives to our food – these food grade essential oils are the answer!
When cooking with essential oils there are a few important tips:
- Add your oils to a spoon first and then add to your dish. This will help eliminate accidentally adding too many drops
- These oils are 100% pure and concentrated. You don’t need much – in fact, sometimes just a toothpick dipped in the bottle and swirled through your meal will be enough to boost the flavour. If you add3 drops of Oregano to your bolognese, you will most likely be throwing it out as it is potent!
- You can experiment! I love making various raw chocolate flavours – think: Lime and Black Pepper, Wild Orange with nuts added, Peppermint & Spearmint (my absolute favourite combo), Cardamon & Wild Orange…. be adventurous.
- Always include a carrier oil when cooking with essential oils. For example, Olive oil in your bolognese, Nuts in your bliss balls, coconut oil in your raw chocolate, butter in your icing. This will help the oils disperse throughout the dish
I make these Peppermint Bliss Balls in my Thermomix but you can do them in any food processor that can grind nuts. If you don’t get a fine grind with your processor – it’s not all bad – you will have a little more crunch which I quite like. These balls are quite forgiving and you can usually substitute various nuts if you don’t have enough of the exact recipe.
Peppermint and Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 1 cup of roasted Almonds (unsalted)
- 1 cup of roasted cashews (unsalted)
- 3 – 4 Tbsp cacao
- 12 pitted medjool dates
- 4 drops of food grade essential oil (I use DōTERRA’s Peppermint)
- Add Roasted nuts to the food processor/Thermomix and process until fine (30 seconds, Sp 9)
- Add remained ingredients and process until combined (60 sec, Sp 9)
- Roll into bite sized balls (this is a good job for the kids OR you can press into slice tray and cut into cubes for a quick and easy solution)
- It is optional to roll your Bliss Balls in coconut or other crushed nuts for decoration
Sit down with a cuppa and enjoy this guilt free treat!
If you are interested in learning more about cooking with Doterra Essential Oils message me for my ebook. Doterra also have a wonderful ebook all about cooking with essential oils. You can download it here.
I’d love you to share this post once you have made them and let me know how they went! I hope I have inspired you to try something new with your oils x